Use code SANDIVA20 for a flat 20% OFF at checkout.
Sunblock plays a pivotal role in not only protecting the skin from harmful UV rays but also preventing premature ageing of the skin.
Here are 5 common mistakes to avoid in your sun protection routine:
1. Not applying enough sunblock: This is one of the most prevalent mistakes - not applying sufficient amounts of the product. The effectiveness of the sunblock relies on the right amount of it being applied. Most people tend to use very little sunblock, diminishing the product’s efficacy. If you’re unsure about what’s the right amount of sunblock, follow the two-finger rule. It is an application technique that involves squeezing the sunblock on the length of two fingers (starting from the crease of your palm to the tip of the index and middle fingers) and using it to cover only one part of your skin such as the face or neck.
2. Forgetting to reapply sunblock through the day: Sunblock tends to wear off after a couple of hours and faster if you’re sweating or swimming. It isn’t a one-time application and needs to be re-applied as its protective effect diminishes over time. Avoid this mistake by reapplying sunblock every 2 hours or more frequently if you’re engaging in water-related activities. You can also consider using a water-resistant sunblock for better durability.
3. Mixing sunblock with makeup and other products: Many people think mixing sunblock with other products creates a more hydrating and homogeneous base to apply to their skin. However, that is not true, it can create a conflict of ingredients. Mixing your sunblock with moisturiser or makeup can interfere with the effectiveness of the UV filters. Avoid this mistake by layering your sunblock in the right order. If you’re using a chemical sunscreen, apply it before your moisturiser, at least 20 minutes before stepping into the sun so your skin has time to absorb it. A mineral sunblock on the other hand goes on after moisturiser, as it needs to sit on top of your skin to shield it.
4. Using an expired product: Like any other product, sunblock also has an expiration date. Using sunblock past the expiration date can lead to reduced efficacy. Over time, the active ingredients break down, making the sunblock less effective in protecting your skin. Make sure to check the expiration date on your sunblock before using it. Discard the product if it has expired and invest in a fresh bottle.
5. Applying sunblock only during summers: If you think you can skip the sunblock when it’s cloudy, think again! The sun emits harmful UV rays all year long and is not limited to only the summer season. Up to 80% of UVA rays can penetrate the skin even on cloudy days, causing wrinkles and other forms of skin ageing. Make sunblock a daily habit, regardless of the weather for consistent protection.
Let these tips guide you and make every application a step towards protecting your skin’s well-being. As you embark on your journey towards smart skincare, Sandiva’s One & Done Tinted Sunblock is your trusted companion under the sun. With a lightweight, mousse-like texture, it offers overall protection from both UVA and UVB sun damage. Packed with the goodness of sandalwood, it soothes your skin from inflammation caused by sun exposure.
Say goodbye to white cast for it’s available in 4 beautiful tints to blend effortlessly into your skin. Here’s to smart choices and glowing skin! Make Sandiva’s One and Done Tinted Sunblock a part of your daily morning routine!